Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just a little Ketchup... I mean catch up...

Its Friday morning now. Nothing too interesting has happened in the last couple days really.



Wednesday after I blogged last I spent the rest of the day at Calvary. It was a busy day for everyone. Everyone had meetings and things to go to. At one point I was the only person in the office and I had phone duty. Luckily not too many people called and I was able to handle it. I didn't leave until after 5 and had to catch the 5:23 train back to the city. This means that I got home about 7pm, which makes for a really long day. I spent some time watching a bit of TV with the girls, including Farmer Wants a Wife, which seems to have become a regular occurrence.

On Thursday morning I caught a ride into Magill with Helen. Pamela (from Calvary) picked me up there to go on a home visit with her. Unfortunately our client wasn't there when we called on her. This has become somewhat of a pattern of behavior for the client and its a bit disappointing. Meeting with staff/support workers regularly is a requirement of the Calvary housing program. Pam drove an hour to come to meet with her and she didn't even make any effort to call or answer any of Pam's calls to her to let her know that they wouldn't be able to meet.

There has been a theft from one of the units at Calvary and as a result the staff is trying to keep a bit closer of an eye on the other vacant houses/units. As a part of this we stopped at another house to make sure everything was ok. We cleaned up old newspapers and mail and some other rubbish to make it a little less obvious that no one is living there currently. It was interesting to get to see the inside of the house. It is awaiting some work on the floors. Its easy to see that the person/family who moved out of it last didn't spend much time cleaning. The house will look really nice though after the cleaning and floors are finished. We made our way back to Calvary and arrived just about in time for lunch. It was a great day to sit outside. After lunch I spent a little time working on a task, and admittedly about as much time on Facebook. We worked out that I could go home a bit early since there wasn't really anything more for me to do and because I will have a staff training all day Saturday.

I just made it to the train in time and had a somewhat less than enjoyable train ride because of some obnoxious teens on the train. I spent some time chatting on the computer outside Helen's house and then Hilary and I went grocery shopping. Its amazing how quickly the cost of food adds up.

Today I am going to do my own home visit with a client that I've met a couple times in the Magill area. Then this afternoon we will head to Cleland park, which is a wildlife park and a place where I might even be able to hold a Koala! WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment